Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Animal prints

Yay to that!

We all want to release the animal in us from time to time, right? Tiger print, leopard spots, zebra stripes, snake skin, giraffe print in all colours and intensities.

Love, love, love it! I particularly give a big 'thumbs up' to the natural animal print and the neutral (grey/black/white) versions.
I'm not a massive fan of the colouful interpretations; I think they suit teens better, however it's great to see the print being applied in an original way.
I own a couple of animal print items and am in the market for more, namely a scarf and some shoes. I've had my pieces for over 3 years now and always get compliments and attention when I wear them.

Animal print is such a classic pattern- like the houndstooth and the check- that it's bound to be reinvented season after season. You cannot go wrong in investing in a classic piece of clothing in an animal print.

If you're not a confident, all-over, animal print wearer, don't dispair! Keeping it small is the key to embracing the look without demanding attention.
Start with a hair clip/head band, a scarf, animal print trimmed gloves, some socks, even! If you find you love it, then try some bigger pieces, like a top, dress or overcoat.

Whatever you do though, only pick one to wear at a time. Clashing animals, as is with the wild, a dangerous fashion safari to go on!
Speaking of safari, the natural animal prints look awesome with all tones neutral; bone, taupe, cream, camel and chocolate as well as kahki.
The neutral versions of animal print (zebra and leopard, for E.G) look great with a pop of colour thrown in. Think brights with this one, or keep it tonal (i.e pick black, grey or white to wear it with).

A hit of Red looks stunning to both the natural and neutral animal prints.
Animal prints work for all ages, styles, budgets, seasons and confidence levels.

So go on, don't be chicken!

P.S I wanted to add some pics to this post, but I was unable to...not sure what the problem was :(

No comments:

Post a Comment